Board of Directors
CLOCKSS is a tax-exempt, 501(c)3, not-for-profit charitable organization, developed and governed by libraries and publishers. Unlike other archiving solutions, CLOCKSS answers to its community, not to a parent company.
The CLOCKSS Board of Directors is committed to the following values, to ensure the organization’s sustainability:
- Because money spent on digital archiving competes with other needs, CLOCKSS is committed to minimizing publishers’ fees so that publishers will not pass along additional costs to libraries. CLOCKSS also aims to minimize libraries’ fees, so that they have more money to spend on content from publishers.
- All triggered content is made freely available. CLOCKSS will not create additional access barriers.
The Board of Directors guides CLOCKSS’ management and future and sets annual fees. Because CLOCKSS is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization, all contributions to CLOCKSS are tax deductible in the United States.
The following individuals represent their organizations on the CLOCKSS Archive Board of Directors:
- Roxanne Missingham, Australian National University
- Andreas Degkwitz, Humboldt University
- Marion Frank-Wilson, Indiana University
- Hideaki Takeda, National Institute of Informatics
- Chip Nilges, OCLC [Treasurer]
- Denis Galvin, Rice University
- Mimi Calter, Stanford University [Co-Chair]
- Paolo Sirito, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
- Geoff Harder, University of Alberta [Secretary]
- Jeremy Upton, University of Edinburgh
- Peter Sidorko, University of Hong Kong
- Chip German, University of Virginia
- Vida Damijonaitis, American Medical Association
- Rita Scheman, American Physiological Society
- Jean Shipman, Elsevier
- Laura Wilson, Emerald Group Publishing
- Graham McCann, IOP Publishing
- James Phillpotts, Oxford University Press
- Kivmars Bowling, Society for Industrial & Applied Mathematics
- Harry Blom, Springer Nature
- Stewart Gardiner, Taylor & Francis
- Duncan Campbell, Wiley [Co-Chair]
- Steven Heffner, Wolters Kluwer Health
Executive Director: Craig Van Dyck
With appreciation to Gordon Tibbitts, Founding Executive Director
Last Updated: July 2018