CLOCKSS Triggers Archives of Family Medicine
eISSN: 1063-3987. Triggered: January 2012.
Archives of Family Medicine (AFM) was a publication of the American Medical Association (AMA). Since its inception in 1992, AFM was offered free of charge to family physicians, general practitioners, and primary care doctors of osteopathic medicine. AFM ceased publication in November 2000. The content of AFM remained accessible through AMA until January 2012.
This journal has now been triggered from the CLOCKSS Archive. In keeping with its unique mandate, CLOCKSS is proud to offer continuing and public access to all 9 volumes of AFM.
The Trigger Process
When the American Medical Association announced that it was discontinuing access, the CLOCKSS board determined that a trigger event had occurred and the 9 volumes of AFM were made public.
The volumes were copied from the CLOCKSS Archive to LOCKSS boxes at Stanford University and the University of Edinburgh that are dedicated to hosting CLOCKSS triggered content. This network of triggered content LOCKSS boxes ensures open access to the preserved AFM and other triggered content for the entire community.
Free Public Access to Archives of Family Medicine
Creative Commons License
The AFM content is copyright American Medical Association (AMA) and licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Important: Please Read
- The CLOCKSS Archive uses LOCKSS technology to preserve content such as AFM with as much fidelity to the original as possible.
- Some things you may notice are:
- The “CLOCKSS Manifest Pages” that appear when you select the Volume 1 – 9 links above are auto-generated by the publisher. They play an important role by enabling the CLOCKSS Archive to preserve the content of issues in the volumes. The manifest pages are part of the preserved content, and they appear just as the publisher created them.
- Some links in the pages, primarily those pointing to services such as login and e-mail alerts provided by the AMA’s publishing system for AFM no longer work. Instead, you will now see this page.
- Some links in the pages, primarily those pointing to generic AMA services such as search and citations, still take you to those services on the AMA’s web site but, because AMA no longer hosts AFM, some of them might not return usable results.